Sunday 10 January 2016

Challenge 27 inspiration and winners announcement!!

Good morning crafty friends! Winter seems to be arriving here in the UK so its perfect weather to keep warm in your craft room and play along with our 
Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes
challenge, you can link up your project here

You don't have to use PanPastels to play along and our lucky winner will receive some fabulous crafty goodies from the lovely people at Premium Craft Brands

Premium Art Brands

Before we check out the inspiration from our talented DT its time to announce the winners from Challenge 26!  A big thank you to everyone who entered, we had some really beautiful entries!  There can only be one winner though and  Random.org has picked out


Woo hoo!! Congratulations hun, please email us (details in sidebar) quoting your winners code which is PPWK026001 and your snail mail details and we'll get your prize in the post to you asap!

Top 3 honours this time go to


Congratulations ladies, your project were amazing! Don't forget to pick up your Top 3 badges for your blogs!

Now let's see what the DT have been busy with this week

Yvonne - Today I have a piece which is very different from my normal style.  I started out with an idea but wasn't sure where it would take me - great fun!!  I started by stamping lots of different stamps in different colours before covering with different colours of panpastels.  I then used embossing powder and versamark to stamp two large open flowers.  I then erased the Panpastels from the inside of these flowers, highlighted around the outside edge and then finished the outer edges of the flowers differently.  My reason for making the background this way was because I wanted the stamping to show through the petals of the flowers.

The first flower I edged in black Wink of Stella and dotted with a white pen, I then coloured the inside of the flower.

The second flower I just edged with the white pen to give a different look.

The word "Original" is a Tim Holtz rub on which I think finishes the piece off well.

There are step by step photos over on my blog if you'd like to take a peep at the process I used.







Claire C I've used my PanPastels with my Twinkling H2O paints to create this project, I've blended my pans to create the background on a canvas board and then on a Stampbord panel that I made using an assortment of smaller stampbord pieces and added some detail with the H2Os. I love the contrast between the velvety matte finish of the Pans with the shimmer of the paints








We'll be back next week with another fun challenge so don't forget to pop back!
Click HERE or scroll down to add your link to this weeks' project

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for putting my Snowman card in your Top 3...it was such a fun scene to create and my granddaughter loved it ;0)
    Well done to everyone else too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for choosing me in your top 3, congrats to the other winners x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so happy to see that I won this challenge! Thanks so much for hosting these challenges and for the opportunity to win. Congrats to the other winners too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the inspiration- although I love my Pan Pastels I couldn't use them on my project as they aren't edible!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pieces ladies, love the imagery and colours . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow thank you so much for the top 3, and wow there are so many stunning makes. Happy Art :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your feedback so please feel free to leave the team a comment below - we love reading them!